Wednesday 7 February 2007

Three before sulking

I was going to start an introduction to my forthcoming study "The menage a trois and the television trio". I was going to make some highly intelligent comparisons between "Jules et Jim" and "Bill and Ben". Were they both influenced by the tensions in the relationships between Andy Pandy, Teddy and Looby Loo? I was going to go on to talk about Sooty, Sweep and Sue. Mention the Fimbles. Did Rod, Jane and Freddy prepare the audience for Alfonso Cuarón's film "Y tu mamá también"? But no, she's been out - probably to the pub - and she's tired. "Some of us have work tomorrow" apparently. Humpf. Apparently her comfort is more important than my intellectual growth. I don't know what Tom Paulin would do - write a poem about it? -but I'm going to sulk. Maybe I'll write a poem too. An epic saga of sulk.

No comments: